First and foremost, we are still a fully operational flower shop. You can order your arrangements over the phone, on our website, or by coming in the shop (see below for details on in-person orders).
Through the end of May 2020 (subject to change):
Monday - Friday: 9am - 3pm
Saturday: 9am - 12pm
While you can still come into the shop to place your order, we have implemented a few changes:
- In the practice of social distancing, staff and customers are to be 6 feet apart at all times
- No more than 5 people will be allowed in the shop at one time
- We will call ahead to make sure someone is home to receive a delivery
- The arrangement will be left on the porch or other designated area
- We will wait at our vehicle to assure someone comes to the door and give you a friendly wave
Right now, we are able to make deliveries to Nursing Homes, Assisted Living Facilities, and Rehab Facilities in Lockhart. We will:
- Call ahead and arrange for a staff member to pick up the arrangement outside of the building
- Notify staff when we arrive and leave the arrangement outside by the main entrance
- Wait at our vehicle to assure someone comes to the door to take the arrangement to your loved one and give them a friendly wave
We assure you that our staff are following all social distancing precautions as recommended by the CDC and our government leaders. All staff members have been issued masks to wear while in contact with others and while on deliveries.
We continue to strive to be as accommodating as possible for families needing flowers for funeral services. Here are a couple of things to note when ordering sympathy arrangements:
- Funeral flowers will be per family request
- Arrangements and deliveries are subject to supplier availability as well as regulations set by funeral homes on visitations and services
- We ask that you give us as much notice as possible on funeral dates
- For in-person family meetings, only one family member will be allowed to meet with the florist to discuss flower arrangements
We strongly advise brides/couples to be informed of venue and/or church regulations on cancellations or limited attendance of friends and family. In the unfortunate event that your wedding must be rescheduled, we will work with you to provide floral services on your future date.
As always, please feel free to give us a call if you have any additional questions on how we are accommodating our services around the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to continue to provide our community with beautiful flowers and prompt service.